The Interdisciplinary Center for
Wide Bandgap Semiconductors
The Solid State Lighting & Display Center
L a b s
- MOCVD Laboratory: With two dedicated (Al,Ga,In)N metalorganic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) systems, research encompases: lateral epitaxial overgrowth (LEO) for dislocation reduction, work on AlGaN-based UV emitters and photodetectors, work on InGaN based blue LEDs and lasers, and growth on novel crystal orientations such as a-plane GaN and N-face (0001)B GaN. Other activities in the lab include growth of GaN-based field emission transistors and InP-based photonic integrated circuits.
- Nitride Crystal Growth Laboratory: Focusing solely on growth of GaN and its alloys, the lab boasts MOCVD, hydride vapor phase epitaxy (HVPE), and a variety of bulk growth capabilities. Substrate removal is also possible with a state-of-the-art laser debonding setup.
- Nitride MBE Laboratory: Molecular beam epitaxy of GaN-based transistors and LEDs
- Nitride Laser Test Lab: Allows for thorough characterization of devices in both pulsed and contiuous wave operation. This lab will soon be expanded to incorporate analysis of packaged devices.
- UV PL Lab: UV photoluminescence analysis of epitaxial films down to a wavelength of 200 nm.
- Nanofabrication Facility: State-of-the-art cleanroom for device fabrication including nano-lithography, plasma etching, and metal deposition.
- Materials Research Laboratory: X-ray diffraction, Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), Transmission Electron Microscopy (TEM), and Atomic Force Microscopy (AFM)
p e o p l e § p u b l i c a t i o n s § l a b s § r e s e a r c h
s e m i n a r s § r e l a t e d l i n k s § c o n t a c t i n f o r m a t i o n
Last updated Tuesday, March 11, 2003
The Interdisciplinary Center for Wide Bandgap Semiconductors
The Solid State Lighting and Display Center
Copyright © 2001-2002